A computer vision engineer often applies computer vision research that is based on a large sum of data to solve real-world problems. They spend much of their time researching and implementing machine learning primitives and computer vision for their client companies.
- Designing, developing, and testing online vision inspection algorithms for railroad and transportation applications.
- Performing software design, coding, integration, and testing for the development of real-time and large-scale measurement and analysis systems.
- Modeling system performance and responses.
- Developing detailed technical specifications.
- Providing accurate time estimates for design and development work.
- Creating and maintaining detailed technical documentation for internal and customer use.
- Supporting existing products through system and software changes, improvements, testing, and release.
- Conducting field tests and providing customer support/troubleshooting