Data Quality Manager should have a passion for data quality, working with large data sets, and managing a team of direct reports. Data Quality Managers are in charge of improving and expanding the business-development data.
- Managing and driving quality team involved in writing test plans and tracking test status for scrum teams and regression teams
- Testing distributed systems, workflows and user interface.
- Delivering QA projects end-to-end, including building teams based on resource requirement and budget, review of requirement documents, preparation of test strategies, and creating and managing test executions.
- Experience with Quality engineering, continuous integration, continuous deployment of best practices, and driving change into the development/delivery process. Passionate about continuous improvements in quality.
- Designs processes and tools, or improve existing tools that enable data quality measurement, specifically for data sets and services that are published for use by external stakeholders
- Leads the creation of data quality goals and benchmarks
- Works with technical teams to translate end-user requirements for data quality into functional requirements
- Defines, develop and execute automated end-to-end testing protocols and reports to ensure data quality
- Conduct root cause analysis when issues with data are discovered and lead process to document and remediate issues
- Ensure that existing tools and processes that generate data are documented and understood
- Seeks and flags opportunities to enhance data quality and reduce quality risks throughout the data lifecycle