Information security engineers help maintain the integrity of all data communicated and stored throughout the business enterprise. They develop and maintain protocols for the safe use, entry, transmission, and retrieval of data and software assets at a company.
- Assist in securing adopted cloud technologies
- Develop and implement security practices and standards
- Develop and implement technical controls and monitoring
- Create associated documentation
- Work with internal delivery groups to implement secure solutions
- Implement automation for accurate reporting, auditing and enablement of digital identities and policies
- Develop and maintain creative approaches to accelerate threat detection, responses and remediation of security incidents
- Provide direct support to the business and IT staff for security-related issues.
- Configure and set up firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Respond to network intrusions and be familiar with performing the forensic investigation.
- Test new or upgraded hardware and software and implement new technologies.
- Create test plans which will allow for a proper evaluation of security issues for new hardware and software.
- Identify security solutions and implement a multi-layered defense to protect the networks.