A mobile developer creates software for mobile devices and technology. Whether for an Android, Apple or Windows platform, a mobile developer must learn the software development environment and programming languages for their chosen platform.
Although based on traditional software development for web applications, a mobile developer creates specific applications which utilize the individual characteristics of the particular platform.
- Discussing the client’s requirements and the proposed solution with colleagues
- Developing application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality
- Keeping up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps
- Using and adapting existing web applications for apps
- Working closely with colleagues to constantly innovate app functionality and design