A computer network architect designs and builds data communication networks. These can include local area networks, wide area networks, and intranets, which can range from a small connection to a multinational series of globally distributed communications systems. Computer network architects also take care of upgrading software like network drivers and hardware, such as adapters or routers.
– Produce a plan and layout for a data communication network
– Present the plan and explain why it should be pursued
– Keep in mind information security when designing a network
– Decide what routers, adaptors, network drivers, etc., are needed
– Figure out how the cables will be laid out and where other hardware will go
– Research new technology for the future needs of the company