Senior Web Administrator main job function is to conducts technical work, serves as a liaison to web vendors and ensures that best practices and industry standards are maintained for the website and other systems.
Develops web policies and governance for maintenance and support of websites.
Works closely with the Corporate Communications department to ensure desired content is presented appropriately on the web.
Responds to help desk tickets relevant to the systems supported and others as appropriate. And works closely with the IT team to ensure team goals are met
- Determine sources of Web page or server problems, and take action to correct such problems.
- Back up or modify applications and related data to provide for disaster recovery.
- Monitor Web developments through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
- Administer internet or intranet infrastructure, including Web, file, and mail servers.
- Collaborate with Web developers to create and operate internal and external Web sites, or to manage projects, such as e-marketing campaigns.
- Evaluate testing routines or procedures for adequacy, sufficiency, and effectiveness.
- Install or configure web server software or hardware to ensure that directory structure is well-defined, logical, secure, and that files are named properly
- Set up or maintain monitoring tools on web servers or web sites
- Inform web site users of problems, problem resolutions or application changes and updates
- Test backup or recovery plans regularly and resolve any problems